Join Our Team
We are always looking for new staff to join the Boppin’ Babies Team. We offer Music Therapy and Music Education jobs. If you love working with families and children, and you are a music therapist, music teacher or early childhood education professional and would like to be part of our growing team then send us an expression of interest. We run community groups in Brisbane, and childcare groups in Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne.
About the childcare role:
The Boppin’ Babies Childcare Group Leader is responsible for implementing the Boppin’ Babies child care music program, following developed session plans and using established resources. Flexible working hours are available from one to five days a week. These positions would suit music therapists, music teachers, music professionals and music students.
An employment package includes:
- A guaranteed minimum shift of 2 hours
- A comprehensive instrument kit
- Relevant insurances
- Work cover (state appropriate)
- Ongoing support and professional development opportunities
These programs are run in conjunction with Childhood Australia, who will employ or contract your services.
Self-employment would require you to provide the relevant insurances, instrument kit and ABN.
- Tertiary qualifications in music therapy (preferable), music education, music performance or similar; or be a music student or experienced music performer with experience working with children. Music therapists and teachers should have appropriate professional registration.
- Experience working with children in community settings (or clinical training experience)
- An excellent ability to lead music therapy groups with parents and their children in community settings and / or child care settings
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact and communicate with families from varying social contexts
- Ability to clearly articulate the unique nature of Boppin’ Babies including its points of difference in relation to other early childhood music programs.
- A valid Working With Children check (or be willing to get one)
- Own transport
To Register your interest:
Please email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- One page letter of introduction including
– your qualifications
– clinical / teaching experience
– work availability (days, hours)
- Your CV (maximum two pages)
- A copy of your Working With Children check or equivalent for your state, or an indication of your willingness to get one before employment begins
- An audition song of you singing and accompanying yourself on guitar – email to email@example.com